Absorbing the landscape


As mentioned in my previous post, I have been making a fresco from a sketch of the crags above Coniston Water in The Lake District - made when I visited in May this year.

The process starts with selecting the frame size I would like to use, then pouring liquid plaster into it - avoiding bubbles the painting surface cast onto glass.

Then comes the drying, followed by the first drawing.

During the waiting period - I continue to walk in our local landscape - the hills above Craig-y-Nos in particular are reminiscent of Cumbria. I drink in the forms and colours and take them back with me to the studio.

I attempt to feel the geology and the perspective and try and draw myself in to the window that a frame creates.

Here is the process and the result (for now - may be subject to further work !).










Paul.

Comments