Saturday, 29 July 2017

Plodding along

Dear Monty,




I hope the wedding day went well - in fact I'm sure that everyone ensured that it did. The weather held too - your hope of dry weather won out over the scientific predictions!

I have begun to realise that plodding through the ups and downs of life holding on to hope is what really sustains. And what is more I see that the downs are just as important as the ups.

I have been out in the garden watching the insect visitors and appreciating the activity and beauty of butterflies, dragonflies, bees and hover flies, they are the ups, the downs are the thrips and aphids but these are in turn food for others and on the whole a balance is maintained.




I am currently documenting the butterflies that visit the garden in fresco again ready for this year's show at the National Botanic Garden of Wales.



I plod along and am occasionally stopped in my tracks by the mystery and beauty of all that is not of us.


Paul


1 comment: