Storytelling




I had a great day yesterday along with fellow artists, spinners and weavers, musicians and story tellers at Craig y Nos Country Park in the Story Telling Festival. I was going to read some of my prose in poets corner, but bottled out. Instead I wrote this about the day :

Sunshine and shadows on a page
I hear of the Canadian shores of Vancouver Island
Spiders being hand fed bluebottles
Spinning and fiddling echoing in the park.

Dogs
Dog's dinners
Dog's biscuits
Flowering shirts
Leaves leaving trees.

Cold
Colder
Cold
Until the sun shines and the ale flows.

The stories and musicians and the physicians of Myddfai
Magicians and tumblers juggle and giggle
Words and strings, beats and flutings
Telling how the Welsh love legends
Stories with unhappy endings
Yearnings and unfulfilled longings.

The light fades and the tent lights twinkle
Heart warmed by 'Chameleon' coffee and connected conversations
I blend into the night
Unseen.










Paul



Comments