Trying to make sense of deconstruction

I am struggling with the idea of deconstruction, of hegemonic thinking and post production in art.

In the meantime I am working towards a collaborative exhibition in September where myself and eleanorflaherty.co.uk are thinking about sacred spaces, about water, about flow.





I have started to experiment a little with words and images but still using the familiar (to me) materials of found objects and plaster of paris.







I have become increasingly interested in the idea of trace - of ghosts - of voices from the past

On reflection - the ideas of collaboration and authorship, of identity and fluidity, and yes even deconstruction - have helped me to start (and it is only a start) pushing at the boundaries of materials and representation again - which is what I hoped the MA would do.

I still believe we all have a unique voice, we all see the world in similar ways but our expressions of it can be different but complimentary.



Paul

Comments