Further experimentation - working with ghosts and traces


Traces or the ghosts of what was and what will be are around us most of the time - time is a concept that we find hard to understand.

I am fast becoming a ghost of myself - and perhaps this is why we tend to keep the idea of the author genius alive - we shout out to the temporal  - we are here now !


Letterpress print of poster idea






Temporal truth has potent - and unlike concrete or spatial truth it is difficult to capture in image form.

I have been looking to capture something of the fleeting. Using my phone camera and printing the images on film - then using sunlight to project the images on to paper and re photographing them.






The results look a bit like early experiments in photography 


I've also been looking for temporal traces of the seasons, and found the wind had been writing with dried grasses.




The written word contains traces of thought - that elusive chemical thing that happens in the human brain - another reason why authorship remains potent to me.

I have combined traces of words and ghost image - I may take this idea further.





All the various elements of the MA seem to be dovetailing.




Paul.

Comments