Knowing the way should help ?


Insula Dulcamara Paul Klee 1938


We have started a collaborative piece of work for the next stage of the MA. There has been constant overlapping of ideas and threads from the Pecha Kucha thought experiment and the essay questions, all of which feed into the collaboration.

The group has called itself 'Nowhaus' ( we have set the bar high !) after that collaborative school of art, design and architecture the Bauhaus.

Having looked at the contributors and teachers at the Bauhaus - I rediscovered an old influence on my early art journey - Paul Klee. I particularly like the way he taught drawing and the concept of 'Taking a line for a walk'. I haven't yet presented my ant religion to the world - but that also involves lines - walking and the psychology of spaces and boundaries and the effect on our thoughts and emotions. I also recognise the influence Klee's work had on my own mark making.













There is nothing new under the sun, but at the same time there is a newness in ways of seeing that Klee and other artists open us up to - and that brings with it a sense of awe at what is in the world and how we live and breathe and have our being in it. Is that the sublime ?

Paul

Comments