I see

'In English, "I see" means "I understand". Seeing, it has long been recognised, is not the simple recording of light stimuli; it is a selective and creative process in which environmental stimuli are organised into flowing structures that provide signs meaningful to the purposive organism.' Space and Place Yi - Fu Tuan 1977



I believe as human beings, we can see beyond the knowable measurable world (in our heads). We can see without thought - contemplative seeing - this is what pattern, line, flow and movement- colour, light and air does - it moves our mind from thought and analysis to the abstract concept of beauty. I believe beauty still exists in the world. It is a constant and flowing living thing that is bigger than us and is linked to us at a cellular and atomic level. We are part of a greater living system than we are usually conscious of.

















Paul

Comments